BEHAVIOR CHECKLIST FOR EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE COUNSELING EXERCISE
PROBLEM ANALYSIS/DECISION MAKING DIMENSION
Problem Analysis/Decision Making: The ability to develop alternative solutions to problems, evaluate them, and make logical decisions.
Positive Behavioral Descriptors
- Focuses on the key issues involved and proceeds in a logical manner.
- Seeks relevant information; asks appropriate questions to get at the facts.
- Separates relevant from irrelevant information in exploring problems.
- Suggestions made are well thought out with logical reasons to support them.
- Evaluates the consequences of various alternatives and selects the best alternative.
- Judgments reflect an understanding of practical matters, including concerns such as interpersonal issues, public relations, performance issues, etc.
- Makes decisions based on an awareness or a larger, overall picture which addresses both the immediate and the long-term needs of the organization.
Negative Behavioral Descriptors:
- Fails to adequately consider all of the available information.
- Jumps to conclusions before properly defining the problem in its entirety.
- Decisions do not fully address the key elements of the problem or situation.
- Decisions ignore important considerations, leading to the selection of poor alternative courses of action.
Go to the link below for Don McNea Fire School's Subordinate Counseling Assessment Center Exam Preparation:
Subordinate Counseling Exam Prep
This Subordinate Counseling Assessment Center Exam Prep package includes:
- Our Subordinate Counseling Assessment Center Exam Prep is a complete step-by-step playbook – from preparing your outline to your actual Subordinate Counseling.
- Not only is this a step-by-step guide – it's an in-depth explanation of what you need to do and, most important, contains sample suggestions on what you need to say and what
critical behaviors the assessors are looking for in top-scoring candidates.
- 10 full-length Subordinate Counseling practice examinations
- Our exam prep will show you how to deal with every possible training and personnel issue that you could be faced with in your Subordinate Counseling assessment center.
- How to put together a precise Subordinate Counseling outline to follow during your Subordinate Counseling exercise.
- Subordinate Counseling Assessment Center Dimensions used by the assessors to grade you
- Subordinate Counseling Assessment Center Positive/Negative Behaviors
- Subordinate Counseling Assessment Center Key Presentation Skills
Your investment in these practice examinations could very well be the difference of being promoted and not. Don't go into a Subordinate Counseling exercise unprepared!
If you would like to review
additional promotional exam prep packages, go to our Assessment Center Exam Prep pages at the links below:
Promotional Oral Interview Exam Prep
Fire Tactical Exam Prep
Subordinate Counseling Exam Prep
Lieutenant/Captain/Battalion/Deputy Chief In-Basket Exam Prep
Leaderless Group Exam PrepTest-taking Strategies & Career Articles
Don McNea Fire School's Assessment Center Exam Preparation has been put together by Fire Chiefs who are
nationally-recognized authors and who have been assessors for thousands of assessment center examinations.
As always, all of our Assessment Center Exam Prep products come with a no-risk guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied, we will refund 100% of the product cost – no questions