BEHAVIOR CHECKLIST FOR EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE COUNSELING EXERCISE
ORAL COMMUNICATIONS DIMENSION
Problem Analysis/Decision Making: The ability to express ideas clearly, concisely, and effectively in oral form; to listen to others attentively and with comprehension; to give appropriate non-verbal
messages and to interpret such messages when given by others.
Positive Behavioral Descriptors:
- Presents thoughts and ideas in succinct and well-organized manner.
- Speaks in clear, well-constructed, grammatically correct sentences; articulates easily and fluently.
- Maintains eye contact when speaking.
- Uses appropriate hand and body gestures, and facial expressions, to emphasize important points.
- Listens attentively and with comprehension when others are speaking.
- Uses appropriate voice inflection to emphasize main points.
- Volume of voice is appropriate to the situation.
- Uses appropriate and easily understandable rate of speech.
Negative Behavioral Descriptors:
- Ideas and points are hard to follow because they are not presented in an organized manner.
- Rambles when trying to make a point.
- Struggles for phrasing and wording.
- Words are not clearly enunciated.
- Uses incorrect grammar.
- Overly repetitive.
- Does not make eye contact with others when speaking.
- Holds hand in front of mouth when speaking; or other habits which make understanding difficult.
Go to the link below for Don McNea Fire School's Subordinate Counseling Assessment Center Exam Preparation:
Subordinate Counseling Exam Prep
This Subordinate Counseling Assessment Center Exam Prep package includes:
- Our Subordinate Counseling Assessment Center Exam Prep is a complete step-by-step playbook – from preparing your outline to your actual Subordinate Counseling.
- Not only is this a step-by-step guide – it's an in-depth explanation of what you need to do and, most important, contains sample suggestions on what you need to say and what
critical behaviors the assessors are looking for in top-scoring candidates.
- 10 full-length Subordinate Counseling practice examinations
- Our exam prep will show you how to deal with every possible training and personnel issue that you could be faced with in your Subordinate Counseling assessment center.
- How to put together a precise Subordinate Counseling outline to follow during your Subordinate Counseling exercise.
- Subordinate Counseling Assessment Center Dimensions used by the assessors to grade you
- Subordinate Counseling Assessment Center Positive/Negative Behaviors
- Subordinate Counseling Assessment Center Key Presentation Skills
Your investment in these practice examinations could very well be the difference of being promoted and not. Don't go into a Subordinate Counseling exercise unprepared!
If you would like to review
additional promotional exam prep packages, go to our Assessment Center Exam Prep pages at the links below:
Promotional Oral Interview Exam Prep
Fire Tactical Exam Prep
Subordinate Counseling Exam Prep
Lieutenant/Captain/Battalion/Deputy Chief In-Basket Exam Prep
Leaderless Group Exam PrepTest-taking Strategies & Career Articles
Don McNea Fire School's Assessment Center Exam Preparation has been put together by Fire Chiefs who are
nationally-recognized authors and who have been assessors for thousands of assessment center examinations.
As always, all of our Assessment Center Exam Prep products come with a no-risk guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied, we will refund 100% of the product cost – no questions